Tuesday, July 7, 2009

INAUGURAL POSTING

My name is Marylou -- yes, one word -- but for most of my adult life I've been known as ML or ml (depending on whether I hit the cap key or not). I have no idea what I'm doing starting this blog but I'm doing it!!

Warm here today (well, it IS July in Arizona) - 108 I believe. Today's weather and the weeks to come will offer a perfect excuse - if I needed one - to sit under the AC and stitch and read. Except I do have to go to work to support this habit.

I occasionally do take a look at TV. In fact I just watched a great new show on SyFy called "Warehouse 13". If you get a chance view it.

I returned to needlepoint about 3 years ago and have been taking classes and seminars ever since. Early in my marriage I stitched quite a bit but that was when it was continental/tent/basket weave for the most part. In the early 80's I did find a charted sampler in a stitching shop in Vail, CO and loved it. Life got busy after that as I know many of you understand and I basically did no stitching. What I did do was macrame! Yep -just like lots of you out there it was cheap, decorative and you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to learn to knot. I'll write more about that in a separate blog.


I'm grateful for the wonderful needlepoinjt shops I have here in Scottsdale, AZ, and am always taking a class at one of them. I'm not sure what I like the best about the classes -- the piece I'm stitching or the friends I see.


I'm off to bed like a good girl right now and will add as I have time.
Thanks for reading the inaugural entry to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment